Every week I visit my local recordstore to pick exactly one record. I
try to buy stuff by bands and artists of whom I don't already own
something or which I neglected in my vinylcollection to that point. I
have some extramoney put aside for this "project". The goal is to
support the record store, make my collection a bit more versatile and to
discover new and great music. I will feature this every week constantly
but I may take some days for me to finish the entry. Support your
recordstore, too!
Read last weeks OWOR here!
This week it was merely a decision between another Small Brown Bike record and the debut by The Tidal Sleep. I was really unsure but as I wanted this record for quite some time now. I sadly missed these guys opening for Silverstein in 2013. They had the record with them back then and maybe there was even a colored variant or something special but I didn't buy it as I only knew two songs and didn't catch them live. Later I gave them a real try by listening to their album digitally and I was quite fond of it. After all I discovered it in my recordstore a few weeks ago and decided I would take it at some point and so I did this week.
The Record
As I already mentioned, I nearly caught them live once. Back then I wasn't sad or anything as I didn't knew what I was missing but now I am. The Tidal Sleep can best be described as a post-hardcore band with very hearable roots in Screamo and as well in Post-Rock and more ambient genres. These guys come from Germany by the way. They are signed on one of Germanys best labels, This Charming Man (check them out here), in my opinion! In the last few years they released a lot of stuff by promising bands like Messer, Fjort and of course The Tidal Sleep.
Lets talk about the vinyl. Most independent record labels from Germany execute their releases REALLY well. This Charming Man isn't an exeception neither is this record. The initial first press which my copy is from, featured 100 copies on clear vinyl as well as 400 copies on classic black vinyl. All of those came with a really beautiful die-cut cover which was not part of the second pressing. The second pressing featured 500 copies on white with an alternate black cover. A third pressing is in the works and will be released any time soon on transparent blue vinyl. I'm really glad that I caught a copy from the first press as the die-cut cover is really nice. I don't regret buying this one.
Hopefully see you next week!
Keine Kommentare :
Kommentar veröffentlichen